birthdays

my sons birthday is the 5th of december and we still have no money to buy a present birthday cake or anything else. If I had a gun I would probally shoot myself. I don't have anything to sell and we've been lving off my income which is less than $500 my husband is out of work and refuses to look for any work cause it would waste the gas I need to go to work. I know I've had all year long to plan but nothing ever goes as planned. Husband is self employed works as an electrical contractor and to boot he still hasnt been paid on a job he did last month. Our house phone is shut off his cell phone is gonna be shut off cable was disconnected only reason why we have internet is wireless and neighbors. Were not making it and my car is broken, I think the tranny is out or the motor. things aren't looking up and I dont know what to do anymore,I'm bummed and getting more and more depressed. Kids will be lucky if they get anything in their stocking. I need to get really creative and come up with something I need a plan

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 7:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• I wouldnt really shoot myself,just saying thats how bad things are.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• 5th of December? So it already passed?
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It might be too late, but for Xmas help you can call your town offices, police department, fire department, & any local churches and ask if there are Christmas programs you can sign up for. Each have different programs. Also go to your state, city, and county websites (Google them) and search for charity programs and/or use the "contact us" links to call about programs. There are many programs out there but they all have different names and you need to put in the research. You also might call your three top TV stations (Google CBS, ABC, and NBC for your area) if you do not see any Christmas charities info on their website. They all have these programs. Plus most local newspapers have a Santa charity.......contact them too. Also, someone mentioned Wish Upon A Hero. I do not know about this charity but you can Google their website. Lots of research, but it might be worth it. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• ya. I had to pay electric bill and gas bill before they turned that off. I told my son were gonna do something extra special for him.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• ty I will try that,I just hope its not too late.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I also wanted to give you this link.  A friend gets all his contract work from here.  Might be helpful for your husband.......

http://www.roadtechs.com/

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2010