Is ending an ectopic pregancy considered an abortion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• – collapse
    Yes, its taking a life, even though it would be for the better.. its still abortion.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• No
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• No.
    Either way the baby will not survive. It can also kill the mother. Like speicalwingz said the baby will never grow to be full term
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• NO it's not a life because it will never make it to full term. It will eventually rupture and when it ruptures it takes the tube with it, in which case your life will then be in danger. I got lucky...when mine ruptured, it didn't burst the tube but they still had to perform emergency surgery to move everything back into place.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• No, an ectopic pregnancy can not go full term. In fact, it can create major health issues for the woman that could result in death.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 7:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• – collapse
    I had 2 ectopic pregnancies, my kids are just fine. Yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Yes it is, ive had it. There is a possibility you yourself will die if you continue with the pregnancy
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Interesting question.... I guess *technically* it would be considered an abortion, but who in their right mind is going to hold that against someone? I am strongly prolife, but if i had to make the decision, i'd terminate an ectopic pregnancy. Too many health risks.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Morally & ethically it is not. Medically, it is, b/c you are terminating the pregnancy. When I miscarried & they did a D & C, I was mortified when I saw the procedure written in that manner. There has to be a better way to express that. BTW -I'm sorry for your loss :( *Hugs
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Anon - your claiming you carried 2 babies to full term in your fallopian tube? In reality, that is HIGHLY unlikely.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 7:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2010