My mom and Husband don't like eachother

It's really hard to do family things together since his family is out of state and i wish we had the money to go see them, but i also only have my mom and one brother living here, They talk bad about each other to me when the other isn't around and it kills me to be the punching bag for the things they don't like in the other person, I tell my mom he's my husband and money maybe the problem but i love him her reply i shouldnt have married him, i tell him if he doesnt like her i dont want to hear it, he says i can say what i want dont tell me to shut up, and who is left in the middle ME who ends up crying ME how do i get it to stop????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• I would just walk away when my DH started talking bad about my MOM,,and tell him over and over again tell he gets the drift,",I don't want to here you talk bad about my mom." I would do the same thing to my mom tell they both got the drift...

Answer by louise2 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I would tell them both "IF YOU love ME then YOU wouldn't put ME in the middle of ALL this"!! Plain and simple.. Ask them both do they relize what they are doing to YOU.. Do they even care?? See what they say.. If they have YOUR best interest at heart they will keep their mouths shut about the other one to YOU.. They both need to grow up and learn how to act like adults!! Good luck..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 10:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Good way of putting it Honeys sugamama. I have the same problem with my husband and my mom. My mom talks about inappropriate things in front of my husband and it makes him uncomfortable. I am the referee in their fights as well, and thats exactly what I tell them.
    aburleson06

Answer by aburleson06 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• i would lock them in a room together...lol. i would just continue to stand my ground or cry the next time either one of them says something bad. sorry it seems the guilt trip can be a good tool in getting them to so see how this hurts you. neither one likes each other but i bet they love you and don't want to hurt you. so just try it what else do you got to loose. just hoff off and cover your eyes if you can't shed a tear on sight or make a sad face like your about to cry. maybe just let out all your hurt feelings out right then and then.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• If my mother did that I wouldn't spend time around her and I wouldn't subject my husband to her at all. If you are complaining to either of them about the other then that doesn't help. If you were dating that is one thing, but once you got married I think you need to take a firmer stand with your mother. with him,
    Anonymous