HOW MUCH CAN U PRAY FOR SOMETHING. and still but still trust god?

life has been hard for us the few years i do believe that god HAS BEEN PULLING us through. my husband works in sales. and i wake up every day and pray he will sell something today.
i want to trust god / but i praying so much its becoming almost begging. i lean on god alot. i dont just ask for things. sometimes i pray to just feel his presence and mercy during our struggle. im not sure if this ? makes sense. but im starting to feel im praying so much that now im not trusting god. which im really trying to DO TRUST GOD
PLEASE DONT RESPOND IF U DONT PRAY. THAT WONT HELP ME.
THANK U

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have prayed for things that now I'm thankful he didn't answer them, I've never lost faith and never will. Remember Garth Brooks song, Thanking God for unanswered prayers. Keep the faith hon.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You seem to be missing something when you pray you need to pray for God's Will be done..... not yours... so tonight start to pray for God to guide you and your dh to where He wants you in this life and to guide your heart mind an soul to work the way he wants them to for whatever it is you are supposed to be doing for Him

I'm not being fresh but "its not all about you"
    one last thought some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
    and dont forget to look at your dinner tonight even if its just rice and pintos and say THANK YOU
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Sometime my prayers have been answered right in front of me but I don't see it right away because God answered differently than the way I thought it should be answered.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I agree with zbee. Sometimes the unanswered prayers are the best ones. Just never forget, God knows what's best for us, and has a purpose for each of our lives. I know it doens't always seem easy,but He also tells us in the Bible, He will never give us more than we can handle,and He will always give us a way out. We just have to remember not to get in His way, or ahead of Him. One of my favorite songs is "He's an Ontime God"-the chorus: "He's an Ontime God, yes He is, He's an Ontime God, yes He is. He may not come when you want Him,but He'll be there right on time. He's an Ontime God, yes He is." Such beautiful, meaningful words. You will be in my prayers.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• THANK U ZBEE. there have been many unaswered prayers i need to be grateful for. we just applied for food stamps and im praying to get approved. im not sure but we get denied i know god will get food in our mouths some how
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• well its good you pray. God hears your calls. You know God answers on His time. I pray you can find peace.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 8:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• sometimes my prayers are all abt me me me/ but i would rather talk to god from my heart then completly lose my faith. honestly if i knew gods will for my life i would do it. i have gone to school to become a hair dresser. that didnt work out. i failed the test on hair cutting 3 times. i thought at the time god called me to do hair. i was wrong . my husband has changed jobs 5 times in 3 yrs because of being let go. i was watching a joyce meyer today. and something she said hit really hit me. god wants us to grow in the valley. but things like food stamps. i pray for the help.
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Ryder, I have a question for you.. :-) Do you believe He is doing this? If yes , then here is another question, do you believe it is already done? If so then I encourage you to step from asking Him to declaring that it is done. Go from a place of believing for it to a place of believing that you already have it. This is a huge leap of faith to do this but He has already done it for you... you have yet to see the manifestation of your prayers but step into a place of it is already done and see what happens :-) Most of all REST in Him... in that place of rest we get out of His way and see His precious handiwork come before us. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• ok I read more of this thread. His will for your life is to bless and love others. He said to love one another he also said to make disciples of all nations, he also said to go out and preach the good news to the poor ( that could mean the poor in the natural or spirit ) the lame the deaf , the blind and raise the dead... take note it could be either natural or spiritual. Just let Holy Spirit lead you and guide you and allow yourself to grow in Him. :-) You are on a fantastic journey and an amazing adventure with Him. It may be hard but nevertheless He is with you always! :-) Bless you Sister!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You are a sweet person. Be more specific with what you really need. Perhaps instead of praying for your husband to sell something...ask for your family to be well provided for in whatever way is best for your family. Perhaps your husband will not always be a salesman. Perhaps you have a gift for making money. Bless you and your belief in our truly wonderful GOD.
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2010