I feel so horrible....

Okay I buy my diapers from Diapers.com I always get my diapers in a day. Well I ordered them Tuesday and when it got late on Wednesday and they didn't show I called. They said they were delayed because of the time of the year. Understandable also it says 1-2 days on their website no big deal. I had to go to the store and buy diapers. I bought Parents Choice (walmart brand). Figuring what's the point in spending $12 for when I could spend $6 for the same amount of diapers and when Im getting my Pampers tomorrow. Well now my sons butt its very rashed (he poops 5 times a day) Well its late today and I just found out I wasnt going to get them till tomorrow. I blame this cheap brand of diapers because I never had this issue and now I feel bad I didnt spend more money to get the usual brand

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• You did what I think most any mom would do, don't beat yourself up. Just put some lotion on his little bum and he'll be fine.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I use parent's choice and have no problem with them. I dont think its because you bought cheap diapers...babies just react differently to different brands of diapers.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Its not the cheap brand, its just where you switched brands and your baby wasnt use to that paticular brand of diaper. I use parents choice with all 3 of my girls and my youngest is 10 months old and has only had one rash. It was just where babies skin was use to a certain brand and then you switched. It should get better once you go back to the other brand.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I used that cheap brand on both of my kids. I would say it is the change in diaper that is causing the rash, not necessarily that cheap brand. Change is hard on the skin.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I agree you should not beat yourself up over this. You are doing the best you can. Cover him well with a diaper rash cream and maybe a diaper liner if you have some so the diaper doesn't touch his skin. It will be over soon and you'll have the other diapers to use. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I bought the new Parent's Choice diapers not too long ago and my son got a rash too. He never gets rashes. So I went back to Luvs and he hasn't had another rash. I will never buy Parent's Choice diapers again.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 7:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You live and learn.
    Is it really cheaper to buy diapers on line, then just to go to the local store and buy them?

Answer by louise2 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I had a similiar issue with Luvs... only my poor little guy was so bliistered and raw! Now I stick to the few brands i know...just bought a hugw bo of costco diapers and and seeing a similiar reacti0on GRRRR!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We use Pampers also, and every time that I tried to use Parent's Choice, he got a rash. You live, you learn. You aren't the only one.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• use cornstarch
    CristinaW3

Answer by CristinaW3 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2010