Does congress have a constitutional duty to approve earmarks?

According to Dirty Harry Reid they do. Another one of the brains that make up the democrat party.

http://nation.foxnews.com/harry-reid/2010/12/16/harry-reid-we-have-constitutional-duty-approve-earmarks

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• All these earmarks (pork) is nothing more then money laundering.

Senators and congressman award money, like $500,000 to a lab or some other outfit. Then when it comes election time these lab or other outfits will turn around and contribute $100,000 back to the congressman and senators.for their election campaigns.

It is money laundering, but it is not illegal.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Ok, I watched the video, I'd be curious to know which portion of the Constitution he's referring too...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• How on earth did he ever get re-elected. I've been to Nevada. The people there seemed reasonable. I just don't understand why they would allow him to return and reap his particular brand of insanity on the rest of us. That is the thing. He may be their Senator, but he effects the entire nation. I really wish he would be unemployed on Jan. 5.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Actually - it's their Constitutional duty to balance the budget and rid themselves of unconstitutional spending.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 8:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Amen, carpy, amen!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• He just pulled this piece of crab bill a little while ago.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• He's old and confused. He really didnt learn anything in the last election. The power is not Congress' to be held on to or stolen. The power is OURS.
    Seriously Nevada, get on the ball and get someone worthwhile in there.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I completely agree Natesmom!!!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You know, even if they did it's not so much the "earmark" that's so bad. It's the way the dirty little sneaks go about it that most don't like.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• so far no Republican has requested to have his or her own personal requests removed from the bill. For now, Republicans say voting against the bill would suffice

“I do not want to give up more power to the White House. Whether it’s George Bush or Barack Obama, and I’m going to fight as hard as I can to fight against President Obama on these earmarks and my Republican colleagues who hate to vote for them but love to get them,

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010