Could I have the baby blues?

I am 32 weeks along and feeling ok...

But once in a while...lately once every two or three days...I get this urge to just cry and feel sad....I have cried a few times.

I get this feeling for no noticeable reason and then it goes as quickly as it comes....

Otherwise I am ok...I dont think its depression....just mild baby blues...feeling overwhelmed by a 3rd child on the way.

What do you think? Did you feel this way?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 8:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that just sounds like stress to me. i dont even have kids and i get that way sometimes. you just have a lot on your mind. sip some tea and take a breather.
    devtdbosombuddy

Answer by devtdbosombuddy at 8:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• That happened to me around that time in my pregnancy. OB called it pre-ppd and oh boy was it. It didn't compare to what was to come.
    If you think it might be ppd say something to your doc, especially if you have sufferd from it before.
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 8:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I was a bit sad after my second child was born....sort of like I am now....I thought about mentioning it to my Dr just b/c I am worried it could get worse...did you go on any meds aitson? Not to fond of meds, but not against them if they are needed either....know what I mean?
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think it's just normal pregnancy mood swings. However I would still setup some kind of plan of what you can do with your kids if after your baby is born it becomes too much and you need a break. And if you get the slightest idea that you might have PPD go see your doc asap no exceptions. I had it with my last one bad enough that we're dealing with the state right now. However many blessings have come out of that I would still rather have just gotten on meds.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 8:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Dont listen to the first reply, pregnant women cant have tea.
    It is just your pregnancy horomones. I had it my last month too. make sure you mention it to your doc. Make sure that after you have the baby you tell your doc if you still feel bad, you can get meds that will hepl.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• it sound like stress
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 10:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2010