so frustrated...

We have had really cold and icy weather here that has closed school almost all week. My kids are driving me nuts -- they get up really early and start running and yelling and teasing each other. I can't let them play outside because its simply too cold. I'm losing my mind! sorry had to vent

sweet29mom

Asked by sweet29mom at 8:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know where you are coming from...lol

Try getting out of the house....maybe to a chick fil a play ground or even the mall....what about one of those jumpy places....we have two in our small town.

At home find activities to keep them busy at least for a minute or two...lol...playdough...puzzles, painting...online games...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My kids school canceled today and tomorrow. They are also driving me nuts. They woke up this morning before I would normally wake them up for school. WTH...I usually fight with them for 20 min to get them out of bed. They played outside a little this morning and then just ran around the house acting crazy.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• ever considered getting a wii? my cousins cant stay away from it; and the dance game gets them exercising too! :)
    devtdbosombuddy

Answer by devtdbosombuddy at 8:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Take them to McDonalds and get a snack, let them play in the play place. If you have another indoor park option, or skating rink, indoor pool, really anything to get their energy out I bet it will help.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• we live in a very small town, no stores, no mall, nothing to do. They are getting a kinect for christmas, and believe me, I've considered just letting them have it early. lol
    sweet29mom

Comment by sweet29mom (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The nearest McD's is 40 miles away, same with movies, and I have no car to go anywhere even if road conditions allowed. This town is so small, that the only time the roads get cleared is when someone volunteers their time and tractor.
    sweet29mom

Comment by sweet29mom (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would put a dust rag in their hands and tell them to get busy! lol I live in the South East so I can't relate :o/ Maybe print some holiday word puzzles or work sheets off the computer and have them do them. GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Do you have a play area at your local mall (kinda like an indoor playground)? If not there's always places like chuckie cheese (you don't even need to eat there if you are low on spending money, you can even not buy tokens and just let your kids play in the tunnels. Just find things for them to do like that. It sounds like they just need to let some engergy out. Try gettng some other moms together for play dates to make it fun for you too
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The nearest mall is an hour away, not an option
    sweet29mom

Comment by sweet29mom (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The only business in this tiny town is a tavern and I refuse to take my kids to a bar. I can't wait until they can open their gifts and have something to do or it warms up enough to send them outside to play.
    sweet29mom

Comment by sweet29mom (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2010