Need to know what is the best contraception is best

I need some advice, I am 35 almost 36 years old. I lost my baby 2 weeks ago and we do not want to go through that again. My husband will not get fixed lol. And he asked me to, well I have thought about it and I told him after they had such a hard time getting a I.V in me, that theres no way I can go through that again right now. But I have a very bad period now and everything I have read says that would get worse. So what else is there, I mean I know the different kinds of contraception there is. But does the copper IUD hurt to be put in or is there something else like that out there.

SonjaNash

Asked by SonjaNash at 8:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• First, it is more invasive for a women to get fixed than a man (proven many times over, check out the statistics). A man is a simple out patient procedure. it sounds like he is very selfish.

To answer your question, there really is no contraception that is best as a general rule. What works for some may not work for another.

Each type of contraception has a fail rate so I would start with the ones that have a better track record. Google protection factors of birth control. I would also tell him that until you find one that works for YOUR body, he must wear a condom.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i have been told it didn't hurt at all and told that it was very painful. my ex had a vasectomy and it took about twenty minutes and he was completely healed in three days minus some bruising that was gone in a week
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Well the best one is whatever works for you. I can't do hormones and cot the copper IUD after my daughter was born because we weren't sure if we wanted more or not. My midwife put lidocaine on my cervix before insertion and all I felt was pressure as she did it and some cramping for about 3 days after. My periods are VERY heavy for 2 days and then I am done and they are typically about 30-34 days long. You really need to talk with your doc about this though because there are certain kinds that aren't good for certain conditions.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Oh and, it takes up to 3 months for your body to regulate to a birth control. Meaning, that up to 3 months, you may experience irregular periods, spotting, and moodiness.
    You will be protected after the first 2 weeks on the birth control.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have the copper IUD and it didn't really hurt it was just uncomfortable when they put it in. It made my periods worse for a while and then they went back to normal but now they are worse for another reason. I am getting a endometrila ablation to take care of that. i like Paragard and won't consider anything else.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 8:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• If you've given birth before it's only mild discomfort.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 8:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I had Essure done instead. I love it. No IVs, no surgery, etc. It was done in office. I was down for one day only. Plus you don't run the risk of PTLS since the blood flow isn't disturbed since nothing is cut.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i'll never get fixed cuz a man tells me to. my SO told me to do it after this baby and i refuse. it's just not natural.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2010