What is the highest amount paid out?

Me and husband are wanting to get cellphones. We were gonna choose beteen U.S. Cellular, Alltel, At&t, or Verizon. I know they have to do credit checks to determine it but what is the highest deposit that anyone has had before for either one of these phone servives.?

ILYNAA

Asked by ILYNAA at 8:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Shopping

• 500 for att, but if you get a contract under your name without one you will never have to pay one to them. i didn't pay one at all when i got mine at 18, but trust me if i went to apply now i would have to, so it's best to keep with the same company so you only have to pay once.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I did $50 deposit for my Sprint phone that they said they would refund me on the 1st bill. They didn't say the 1st bill would be a double bill though. So I still paid about 2 months worth of service before really getting started.
    Anonymous

• 500 for U.S. cellular too.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The highest I've had for myself was 800 from verizon. But I did att customer care and I was one of 1000. If I wasn't in a current contract tho I would go with prepaid it's soooo much cheaper and some companies even have smart phones. Otherwise I would go with att. They may be a bit higher but there service is reliable and customer care is awesome for the most part (you can always get bad reps with any company). Plus unlike some of the others who I won't mention by name Att will fix any mistakes on there part. Or even do adjustments for things like mobile purchases if you bought it by accident or the content didn't work or even if you just don't want it.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 8:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Would the deposit be cheaper to get a phone online? When i first tried getting a phone thru alltel i went into the store and they told me my deposit would be 250. I set up everything online 2 weeks later and i think my deposit was either $50 or free. I know there are sometimes specials they only offer online
    ILYNAA

Comment by ILYNAA (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Sorry Ive only been with ATT and didn't have any deposit.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 6:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010