Cough

My daughter has a consistent cough, what do you think I should give to her to soothe and stop her from coughing consistently?!

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Health

• How old is she? Is it a dry or productive cough?
    Anonymous

• NVM. Saw your other question. Try an allergy medication, children's Claritin chewables are what work best for my child. (And it's persistant, not consistant.)
    Anonymous

• Idk why the other one I posted was anonymous and this one wasnt? LOL o'well... she's 5 and its a dry cough
    staceybelly9

Comment by staceybelly9 (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• my kids had it. the doctor told me to try honey. it worked for my son who had just started having it. dd had it a bit longer before i decided to call the doctor, so all it did was suppress it. i ended up having to get some off brand night time cold, she's 2 so i just gave her 3/4 a teaspoon. that didnt' work, so i ended up calling the doctor exactly 2wks after the cough started. turns out she had a sinus infection and a starting ear infection. poor baby. if she's just started it, try the honey (assuming she's not allergic and over the age of 1)

my son ended up getting the cough again about a week later, he was congested so i bought some off brand mucinex. he's 3 and 36lbs, it seemed to be working, but then he got pinkeye so when i took him in for that i had the doc check his cough. he said the mucinex seemed to be working fine, since he sounded better, there was nothing wrong and the doc said what i gave him was fine.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• oh i was giving him only 1tsp of the mucinex....so try the honey first, if she's congested you can try the mucinex. i didn't see your other post but if it's allergy related i'd recommend zyrtec. my kids take the off brand kind and it works wonders for them. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• lemon in some water
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Honey lemon tea. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010