Is it weird

Is it weird if someone goes on and on about concerns about their baby's size near the end of pregnancy, and then as soon as the baby is born doesn't tell anyone how big the baby was? Even if people specifically ask, they just avoid the question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• why wouldn't someone say how big their baby was? Everyone is going to ask that question.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• i dnt understand why u wudnt want someone to know the size of ur baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Er...

Maybe the person is embarrassed about how big or small their baby was? I guess? I dunno.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I'm guessing maybe it was embarrassment about how small, but I don't get it because the person went on and on about concerns about the babies size while she was pregnant, so everyone already knows the baby is small. So now everyone's like "oh, he's so tiny! How big was he?" And she won't say, just changes the subject or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Here goes....

8lbs 3 oz...there I said it! LOL
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• 8. 3 is not tiny.... I don't understand are you the op or the one the op is talking about?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I would think if what you are saying about changing the subject, then it is embarrassment or maybe she just gets irritated with people asking all the time?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• No she's not who I'm talking about. The baby I'm talking about is maybe 4 or 5 lbs, I don't know, that's my guess.
    Anonymous

• wass it born early? or did the mother do anything while she was pregnant that could have caused it? My son was 6lbs when he was born and was in the nicu for 2wks because he couldnt breath on his own. I smoked while i was pregnant and so i have always blamed myself, he is fine and normal now. but. I never have felt ashamed to tell someone.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 1:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• No nothing she did, they were concerned at the end of her pregnancy that there was a problem with the placenta, which there was. So, nothing to be ashamed of, especially when everyone already knew about it. It's not like she went full term and surprise had a 4 lb baby or something.
    Anonymous