Good cheap meals to make?

I've always been awful in the kitchen and I have barely any ideas of healthy meals to make, that are on a budget. Please suggest some! And nothing too complicated! Although I suppose I will learn through trial and error..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Food & Drink

• what types of food do you like? Italian? Latino?

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Literally anything, we like to eat a variation, and none of us is too picky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• homemade mac and cheese... i use whatever pasta i have and then add shredded cheese, milk and a can of cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup. sometimes i put bread crumbs on top.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• These are some of my family's fav. meals that are pretty cheap around $15.

enchiladas, manicotti, bbq stuffed baked potatoes(that ones not to health lol),broccoli casserole

if you want some recipes I will send the to you.

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Oh, girl. I have plenty. For a family with kids, just make scrambled eggs and toast, macaroni and cheese... I have an excellent quick hamburger casserole. Take 1 lb ground beef, 1 package of egg noodles, fry burger and cook noodles, mix in a casserole dish with 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1 can tomatoe soup. Add cheese and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. These are quick, and nutritious!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• check out recipezaar.com
    They have any kind of recipe you could want to try, with ratings.
    You can find some very simple things on there, and looking through the recipes helps you decide on future things you'd like to try as well. You'll be adding new dinners to your repitoire in no time.
    I also check tastespotting.com to. They show pictures of various foods that are linked back to recipes in food blogs, which are another intersting place to look.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 12:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Can't go wrong with spaghetti. Brown a 1 lb chub of ground turkey ($1) add a can of Hunt's spag sauce ($1.19) and a can of diced tomatoes ($.49) add some garlic and basil...cook up about a pound of pasta ($.89) ...toss it all together and dinner is done. You could improve by sauteing onions and peppers with the meat, and add zucchini too. Also if you like that Pasta Fagioli from Olive garden, you could add a quart or two of water to the spaghetti sauce along with celery, carrots, a can of red beans simmer for 30 mins and then add a pound of small cooked pasta and soups on!!
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2008