• In the Spotlight:

Gossip

Gossip - Love it (when not about your) or Hate it (on principle)?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 8:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• My fiance and I gossip about our friends and co-workers...but we keep it between us:) We are gossip whores!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i like walking into gas station and hearing the two behide counter gossiping
    funny when you have no idea who they are talking about
    most gossip is hurtful though
    gossip about famous people is ok, part of fame
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Depends on the tone, intent and content.

At a party once, a true Evil Gossip walked up to a group of people chatting and said 'omg, the married hostess if fucking a guest,' and I replied 'what, right now?' and walked away, found my husband and left. I never, ever need to be around anyone --or their friends-- who thinks that kind of communication is acceptable.

On the other hand, talking about people and what they do --why they are doing what they do, what they seem to be trying to achieve, what they're hoping to avoid or what information they are using to make their choices-- is endlessly fascinating to me.

I am really, really good at remembering examples of stories --people who said or did something that is like or illustrates some part of a discussion-- and really, really bad at remember who it was that was involved.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• the only gossip i like is the local news.
    babystew

Answer by babystew at 9:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Hate the drama
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 8:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• hate it! its destructive.
    witchypoo1228

Answer by witchypoo1228 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i go to cosmetology school and it's hilarious! you literally have to laugh when you hear some of things those girls come up with. but it did bug me a bit when they made up some really off-the-base crap about me bc i bought a couple of nice things with my savings, they said i was using child support that i wasn't even getting! pain!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It's not my thing

Answer by admckenzie at 9:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Hate it.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 9:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Ya know, I hate it and always talk about how much I do but for some reason I always find myself taking part in it. Why is that? I wish I would stop.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010