Yikes, my brothers obnoxious/totally crazy fiance is hosting our Christmas w/ my dad..

So my brothers and sisters & I range from 18-25 yrs old. Im the oldest sister, married, and have 3 kids.. my older brother is engaged. him and his fiance live in this teeny tiny apartment(not that i care, but my husband and I have an average size house) & SHE wanted to stay HOME so SHE decided to "host" Christmas.. shes very obnoxious and her requests are very strange.. so my brother agreed to make her happy. of course. (they decided this w/ my father, no one else even knew)

So she asked me to bring something.. i said yes of course, like what? and she said anything.. So i asked her what we were having so i could find something to go along w/ it.. and she said everything. I then asked specific so i dont bring doubles and she again said everything. lol.. first off, wow and second, my brother started naming things and she freaked out on him(while we are at a church dinner) going on and on about im not making that "SHIT" im making la and la and everyone can deal w/ it.

this girl gets mad on the drop of a hat, and you never know what to expect from her.. i am very annoyed w/her so are my other siblings, and its sad.. but no one is looking forward to even going over there and we are not too happy that she is controlling our Christmas...

how do i not be like scrooge here? & how do i make sure my younger siblings get to spend a good christmas with our father..who lives far away and we rarely see him like we used to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• well, i would go and not cause a stir. if she starts her freaking out be ready at the "drop of a hat" to take things to your house where you guys can be more comfortable. i doubt that she knows what she is getting herself into and i would never offer to host xmas! lol
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think it's a little too late to do something for this year, but I'd already talk to your dad about next year. Bring Christmas cookies they go with everything lol
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I agree with cookies lol... and I would be happy I'm not hosting, I always get nominated so it will be nice to do it somewhere else... good luck with her! :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 9:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You don't.

You're not in control of any of these people, and your decision to associate with them (on Christmas Day or any other day in the live long year) is entirely up to you.

As it is also entirely up to them.

Go, or do not go. Your choice completely. Do not get drawn into family drama, certainly not to 'protect' anyone else. If you'd rather have complete control over the meal you eat for Christmas, stay home and make it.

My favourite answer to 'well, you HAVE TO come' is 'I prefer not to. Thank you.'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i think she said shed do it just so she didnt have to leave her house, but i know she will be going nuts.. shes never hosting anything in her life.. and when we have parties she never brings a thing. lol.. cookies.. good idea
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• and its an early christmas.. id def not be taking my family there to spend out entire christmas! haha!! i love my siblings and my father and wouldnt miss it for the world.. i just want them to be happy and not have this girl who is not yet in our family start any bad memories for us!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would maybe have stuff at your home you can throw together in case she blows. Then go and try to have a good time. After all this is the only time you spend with your father.Then if she blows you can put it out to the rest of the family that your going home so the kids don't have to hear this on a holiday and if they want to come they are more than welcome.And desserts are always good.lol
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 1:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Don't let her get you down- just try to focus on your family while you're with them :) Oh and pies or other sweets are always good things to bring to a dinner :) Never can have too many of THOSE lol
    Platinum_Mommy

Answer by Platinum_Mommy at 12:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Hey where's your Christmas spirit,i say cudos to her for wanting to try,Give her the benefit before you doubt.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011