induction??

Ok so im 4cm dialated and having contractions 2-3 min apart and by the time i get to the hospital they gradually go away they have me up and walking for about an hour and nothing changes, and they send me back home, note: i have terriable/painful contractions
what other options do i have at this point, do you guys think?
what ways is there for natural home self induction??

ncollins885

Asked by ncollins885 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You just aren't ready. "induction" methods like drinking oils and stuff mostly are false and cause the poops. They only "work" for women who were close to being in labor any way. Plus, if you do any of those things, you can increase your risk for complications. You don't want complications.

Sex may help if your waters are still intact. And it's the last time you get to do it before you have a baby.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It's because of the change in location and stress levels. You're not relaxing and settling in at the hospital so the stress stops your labour. That's normal. Imagine a woman under attack during a raid taking the time to labour and deliver in the midst... stress is bad for progression.

First, this could go on for a week. Please take it easy. Some people's bodies do the earlier part of labour nice and slowly and gently. Faster might be more convenient for the doctors, but it's much, much harder on moms. 4cm may be a couple of days from 10cm. Rest, eat if you're hungry, drink lots of fluids...

I would suggest going home, putting the phone nice and close by so you can call an ambulance, and letting things take their course without the upheaval of coming and going every 4 or 7 hours, slowing everything down. The ambulance guys love catching babies, and you're unlikely to deliver before getting there anyhow.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Try doing some walking and squats might help your body along. drink lots of fluids. The hospital always told me to lay on my left side, it helps to progress labor, so maybe that might help. you could also try accupressure. not only could it help you labor but it could acctually help with the pain when its time to deliver. Good Luck and Congrats.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Put some EPO on your cervix, make some Scalini's Eggplant Parmesean, and have sex....that's the only thing that I know that is going to get you closer!!

My friend used this to induce her last 2 labors!
    Anonymous

• just walk the weight of the baby will help the him/her come faster
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 10:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2010