Should I get somekind of remote control on this?

My dh and I got my 8 yr. old dd an Ipod for her b/day and she has been keeping up with it she sure surprised us well lately she has been misplacing it and eventually we'll find it I just want to know how can I keep her from misplacing it over and over it really upsets us now bc she was doing so well now she is just being careless I have seen it laying around on the floor or on the sofa or on the counter and I have mention to her hey you better put your ipod away stop treating like we bought it from the dollar store sometimes she gets her lazy but up and sometimes she'll wait awhile but when daddy is around she moves her butt...lol Thanks ladies for you opinions :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Gotta say it. This is why you don't give an 8 year old something like that.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• When you see it laying around confiscate it for a short time (a day or two.) Maybe when it's not there she'll realize how important it is to her and how she has to take care of it. If she keeps doing it, extend the time.

You could also take money from her allowance if she gets one, instead of the confiscating it for a day. If she loses 25 cents for every time it's laying around and by the end of the week she doesn't get allowance, she might realize the monetary aspect of it.
    Anonymous

• Well when you find it laying around, put it in your pocket. Let her worry about it for a few days and then give it back to her, for a price.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i would pick it up and take it away for a few days if i saw it lying on the ground. (or wherever else it SHOULDNT be)
    shes never gonna learn to be responsible for things if you dont do anything about it..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• the next time you find it hold on to it dont let her know you have it and when she asks you if you ve seen it tell that you have it and your going to hold on to it until shes ready to be responsible with her things
    wowiemommy

Answer by wowiemommy at 5:50 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I agree with the second poster, I would take it away every time I saw it in a spot that it wasn't suppose to be in. sooner or later she will learn to keep track of it, especially if you make her wait a few days before giving it back.
    Luvmybooskies

Answer by Luvmybooskies at 7:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would not have gotten a child that young one.. but that is just me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010