My 3 yr old gets on my F'n nerves every night!!!

She refuses to go to sleep!!!!!!!!! She has to be up early and whenever her father stays the night she won't sleep!!!! If its just us she will sleep but if he's here she will not. Its to the point where I feel like pulling all my hair out! Even if he's in the room, down the hall anywhere, once he's in the house she won't sleep. Shell start acting foolish and it really pisses me off. She has been in the bed for about 2hrs now and won't sleep probably until 12 or later just tossing and acring a damn fool. She does this everytime and as soon as she calms down and closes her eyes she falls right asleep but she will fight it for at least 5-6 hrs this is beyond ridiculous to have to deal with everynight! I'm so tired and we have a baby due soon so I cnt deal with the new baby and this awful habit from an almost 4 year old. I dnt know what to do to get. Get her to sleep! Naps have no afeect so if she takes one or not it doesnt matter..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Even when we lived together she was like that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• maybe she is excited to see her dad? maybe he cold lay with her awhile to help her to go to sleep? Don't give her any sweets or jiuce before bed. make sure the house is quiet. maybe she thinks she will miss something if she goes to sleep? Can she hear into the next room and maybe it is distracting her from sleep?
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 10:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• He just laid with her for an hour and she's still up. The house is quiet!!!! And she's still up!!! We can barely spend time together.. We were seperated and working on our relationship and honestly I don't know how I got pregnant because she never sleeps!!!!! She makes my blood boil that after 5hrs of fighting herr to sleep I don't want him near me and its already late anmd we both have work in the morning!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Sorry to hear you have your hands so full. Ask her pediatrician if she is big enough to take melatonin. DS,11, use to love to cut up when it came to bed time and his DR told us to get some. It's available at GNC, 120 cherry chewable 1mg, runs around $9. All it does is to make them very sleepy and they go to bed much easier and they will not be groggy when they get up. GOOD LUCK!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My DD uses melatonin and it does work great. I would ask the DR before giving it to her although I do know lots of people that take it, Have you tried getting her to bed before her father gets there. If he is not living with you could he come over after she is a sleep. I am not sure if that would work, it is just a thought

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Does she have a solid bed time routine? Maybe dad could be a part of that but it needs to be consistant day after day, same order. It worked for my daughter that used to do the same thing yours is every single night. I start it right after supper. 7:00 bath, brush teeth, book, lights out. But you have to stick to it every single night, no matter what. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• put her in her bed close the door and when she comes out just pick her up and put her back in bed without talking to her keep doing that it may take a few days but it will work u just need tp be consistent and do not give in to the crying do not lay with her u or her dad
    by doing that she wins
    WVgrandma

Answer by WVgrandma at 8:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• to the person that suggested puting the kid on a drug are u stupid? u don't need to drug a 3 year old who does that?
    WVgrandma

Answer by WVgrandma at 8:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well you're not alone...my daughter does it too (also 3) drives me nuts because we have war every morning when she has to get up for daycare!
    bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 5:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2010