Anyone get their tree yet?

I just got my tree tonight and someone told me in a car that I got my tree too early. I told them that they probably just could not afford one. Was that mean of me?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 9:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• Yeah that was mean...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I guess I forgot to mention that it was a stranger in another car who told me that I got my tree to early through his wondow while we waited for the light to turn.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• no that wasnt mean ppl should mind their own business. good for u!
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 10:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes that was uncalled by you. They did not need to make a comment, we got ours the day before Christmas so he would have that we got ours too early. But if he said that to me i would have just moved on with my life and ignored him instead of being rude.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We went out and got ours the day after Thanksgiving and put it up that evening. It is still soft and hasnt lost any needles yet. I water it every day and it looks just as good as the day we bought it. We never take ours down till a doy or so after New Years. We have always done it this way.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Maybe he was hitting on you and just trying to start up something with you. Otherwise, it is absolutely none of his business. If you are going to pay money for a live tree, you want it around for awhile. Plus if you wait too long, they are all picked over and you end up with what my mother used to call "a Charlie Brown tree".
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 1:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• That was rude of him, but you could've been more graciously and just smiled and said "Merry Christmas". I got my tree on Dec 1 because we were having a party on the 4th. Sadly, the tree is rather dry now - even with lots of water. Hoping it will make it to New Year's Day!
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We've never done Christmas trees but I want to get one and decorate it SO bad :) I want a little one that I can put on a table that we have by the front door :)
    Platinum_Mommy

Answer by Platinum_Mommy at 12:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• not sure what you meant but we have a fake one so it is always here ready to be put up when we decide to do it
    WVgrandma

Answer by WVgrandma at 8:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2010