is anyone else a baby clothes addict?

I'm kind of embarrassed about how many clothes my kids have. If I wash clothes once a week, I only wash about 1/4 of their clothes at a time. But I still don't stop buying clothes because they're so adorable and they will only fit these adorable clothes for such a short amount of time. I've gotten to where I've already bought a complete wardrobe for the next season because they don't need any more clothes now, and I can't pass up good sales and clearances. That would be fine, and really smart financially except I know when the next season comes around I'll go out and buy more clothes because all the new clothes coming out are so cute. Does anyone else do this? Or am I just crazy?

pennythekitty

Asked by pennythekitty at 11:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MY MOTHER DOES FOR MY GIRLS. MY BABY HAD SEVERAL OUTIFTS SHE OUTGREW BEFORE SHE EVER WORE THEM!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 11:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My son has TONS of clothes. I just keep buying & buying. I just went and bought him 3 coats for this winter when he already has a big brand new Old Navy one . Most of the time he outgrows a lot of his clothes before he gets a chance to wear them.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 2:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• well when my son was born, we got about 5 huge 55gal black garbage bags full of clothes that a friend has saved for us, from her son. she buys expensive stuff too, so it was great!! i did not have to buy much of anything, plus i got a crapload of clothes for my showers, so i had tons of clothes. i am pretty good about trying to keep it under control, but i occasionally will HAVE to buy that outfit!! i have next summers wardrobe, if he will fit into it by then, and then that is about where we end. It may change, she keeps giving us clothes, so we may be set!! My problem, my child will be a lot bigger than hers, he is 8 mos and is already in 12-18 mos. some outfits have to 24 mos, so unless he chills a bit on the growing... i'll have to buy clothes. but for now, we are set!!
    and i pass the clothes that my son has outgrown along, to another friend that just had a boy like 3 mos ago. so she is now set...
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 3:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I do this too. I think its cause I get so frustrated shopping for clothes for my post preggo tubbo body its therapuetic to know at least one of us looks fly LOL
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2008