Did/do you send your child to pre-school?

I saw another question, and it made me think of how I never went to pre-school. Actually, I did for a week and hated it so my mom kept me at home until kindergarten. I did great in kindergarten, but maybe because she always worked with me at home.

Do most children these days go to pre-school?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i didn't go either lol my dd dosen't go and she's 4...my ds MIGHT go idk yet...he's only one
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I did not go and none of my little ones are going to go. My eldest is in kindergarten right now and she was ready and is more advanced then many of her peers that went to preschool. I am happy with my choice and will do the same with my other three. I just want to keep them at home for as long as I can.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My oldest went to preschool for 1 year and my other 2 chilren both went for 2 years. I am a SAHM and I did it more for the socialization than anything else.

I didn't go when I was a kid. My mom was a teacher so she worked with me when I was that age.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I didn't go to preschool. My husband did. I sent my older son to preschool and he loved it. I plan on sending my youngest to the same preschool.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I sent my oldest to preschool for a half a year.. more like day care. She just started kindergarten, and I feel like she is right there with everyone else. She had a tough time learning how to identify her ABC's and 123's but I think it is common for her age. I do not feel like she missed out on much with being home until kindergarten. I just so happened to be able to work it out with my husbands schedual and mine. Not everyone is so lucky.
    Tessasmom24

Answer by Tessasmom24 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I put my daughter in preschool when she was 3 just to try it out. She loved it, so we kept her in there. I know it's not for everyone, but I had a really positive experience, as did my daughter.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My daughter didn't go. It wasn't an option at the time. We made too much money for her to go to Head Start and the only other preschool in town closed as soon as she was old enough and we couldn't afford to drive her an hour away to the next nearest one. I worked with her on stuff at home. When she went in for orientation thing for kindergarten one of the teachers asked her if she went to preschool. She said no and the teacher looked at the other teacher that was there with a disgusted look as if to say, "oh, great, it's another one of those kids."  But she proved them wrong.  They were very surprised at how much she already knew while all of the other kids who did go to presch. didn't even know basic shapes or colors.

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• yes, I went to preschool and my son was in preschool last year, he's in pre-k now, and my daughter will be going next fall.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 11:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I didn't go to pre-K, nor did either of my brothers and we all turned out perfectly well. I started sending my DS this Fall for socialization only--it's only 3 days a week (approx 3 to 3-1/2 hrs each session). Otherwise, I would keep him at home because I miss him so when he's gone; though I do think that my DD misses him more....
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 12:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2010