Does anyone use Netflix????

I'm thinking of starting an account for Christmas for my DH...he can use it through his PS3. Main reason I'm thinking about getting it is because he orders movies from On Demand which are like $5/movie because they're new releases, so I figure at the price of Netflix, it'll more than pay for itself...

How right is my thinking on that? When do movies become available? Are there any TV shows you wish you could see on there that aren't and/or how soon can you see a TV show on it, meaning would I have to wait until the season is done and on DVD or can I watch it the next day?

I just want to make sure that it's a good deal. And if it is...should I do the $7.99 deal that you won't get DVDs in the mail or the $9.99 that you can get one DVD at a time???

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 10:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• Make sure you select the option that allows it to stream through the PS3 as well as recieve movies through the mail. New movies go to the mail que first before they hit the instant que. Although Netflix is slowly weeding out through the mail. They're going to start making it all instant through the computer, Wii, and PS3. It is cheaper then renting, buying, and Ondemand. You will definately see that you're saving a lot more money in the long run. Yes, there are more shows that I wish were on Netflix. Specifically more Foodnetwork shows, more HGTV shows, etc. However, the selection that they have is great. I like that you can rate what you watch, so Netflix can then select new movies/shows for you from your high rated views. This allows you to find movies you hadn't thought about, forgot about, and whatever else. It's a great option!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• if you can afford it i would get it so you can get dvds in the mail. i LOVE netflix. but there isn't a ton on watch instantly. there is for me because the office is on watch instantly and law and order and lots of documentaries. it just depends on what youre into.
    i would definitely recomend signing up and, getting the package so you can get dvds int he mail!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I love Netflix! Right now were are on the cheapest plan. We only pay $5 a month. We only get 2 DVDs a month in the mail. But we are getting a Wii for Christmas and we can watch them instantly through that. So I might change the plan later. I think you will be very happy wit Netflix. And I would do the $9.99 a month so you can get some DVDs in the mail. Just like Josiesmommy said. Not all the movies are availble on demand.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have had netflix for about three years and I love it....BUT....even though the instant view sounds great theres really good odds that if your looking for a new release your not going to find it...youll have to wait for it to come in the mail. The mail is not slow but it puts a damper on a spontaneous movie night. we do still occasionally order from ppv when we dont feel like waiting but not nearly as much anymore. Hopefully the more Netflix grows they'll start adding better movies to the instant view faster. I would recommend getting the plan with at least one movie by mail a month.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• do where you can get dvds in the mail, some things you can't get on demand...i love netflix :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It is a great deal. I would suggest the one that is through the mail as well so you can order the newer release movies. I think they have a great selection. We have it on our Wii and Dvd player and I think it is great!!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We do Netflix and I LOVE it, I wouldn't do the $7.99 because it doesn't get very many new releases and the ones that it does get usually aren't the really popular ones. I haven't been able to watch any of my tv shows until the season comes out-that disappointed me, I thought I would be able to watch the latest episodes that I missed so for now we have DVR as well. But it saves so much money on renting movies! I live out in the sticks and the movies come way fast! If I sent it out today I would have a new one on Saturday-it depends on where you live but for us its really good! It does have good movies on the instant but I don't think there are enough to get only the instant-for now anyway. Netflix is upping their price and claiming that it is because they plan on getting more of the popular ones on instant-so far I have yet to see that however.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My husband loves Netflix! I'm not a big movie watcher but he is. It has saved us a lot of money.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We LOVE Netflix, especially the instant streaming option. However, like others have pointed out, not everything is available instantly. New releases are typically only available on DVD, and you can't get a brand new DVD release until I think about a month after it's been available for purchase at stores. It's definitely worth the money if you can wait that extra month to see something (not a big deal to us, but don't know about you and your husband). And TV shows are the same as DVDs, so you have to wait until the season is released on video before Netflix will have it. We have the one DVD at a time option because of the movies that are only on DVD and not instant. Though as Netflix gets bigger, especially the instant streaming aspect, more and more movies will probably be viewable that way.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I love its worth it although I do believe new movies come out later than on demand but still worth it. I would do at atleast the 9.99 deal
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 12:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2010