i was reading that in order to be more fertile you should stop drinking coffee. is this only because of the caffeine? if so, couldn't you just buy de-caffeinated coffee or is it something else in the coffee that can also cause infertiltiy?

Asked by jme484 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No. It's the caffeine. I switched to de-caff just to be OB said that 1 cup a day was okay, if you're a regular coffee drinker....but I quit cold-turkey.

Answer by DMac08 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• hmm.. interesting. I can't prevent pregnancy no matter what i do and I drink a lot of caffeine.

Answer by sweet29mom at 10:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• But just a reminder if your gonna cut out caffine, de-caff has a small amount of caffine so dont go nuts drinking it thinking it has none and watch out for teas they have more caffine than coffee.

Answer by Finkette at 10:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• lol sweet29mom, send some my way!

Answer by san78 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2010