caffeine

i was reading that in order to be more fertile you should stop drinking coffee. is this only because of the caffeine? if so, couldn't you just buy de-caffeinated coffee or is it something else in the coffee that can also cause infertiltiy?

jme484

Asked by jme484 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No. It's the caffeine. I switched to de-caff just to be safe....my OB said that 1 cup a day was okay, if you're a regular coffee drinker....but I quit cold-turkey.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• hmm.. interesting. I can't prevent pregnancy no matter what i do and I drink a lot of caffeine.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 10:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• But just a reminder if your gonna cut out caffine, de-caff has a small amount of caffine so dont go nuts drinking it thinking it has none and watch out for teas they have more caffine than coffee.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• lol sweet29mom, send some my way!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2010