Question for those who make their own laundry soap....

What kind of bar soap do you use?
Where do you find it?
What brand of Washing soda do you use?
Where do you find it?
Do you use oils to add fragrance?
If so, what kind and where do you get it?

palexander

Asked by palexander at 10:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use good old Fels Naptha, and they sell it in just about every store around here (SC). I use Arm and Hammer Super Washing soda, and Borax as well ... again, sold in all the stores here.

I use vinegar to rinse. I do add a lavender/sandalwood oil mix to bedding and towels, but otherwise no scents. Usually I pick up EO (essential oils) from a candle/soap making hobby shop two towns over. There are a gazillion sources online for EOs, and you can order soap as well as washing soda from soaps gone by.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Thank you so much. I haven't been to Walmart since I decided to start doing this. But will be going this weekend and I need soap. So I will look and see if I can find it.

There is also a Hobby Lobby so I can probably find the oills there.
    Thank you so much.
    palexander

Comment by palexander (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i use ivory bar soap, plain borax, plan (off brand) washing soda, I never add oil or scents b/c my hold fam is very sensitive which is why we make it in the first place. I found all my ingendients in walmart
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Bar soap - Fels Naptha, I buy it at Kroger

Washing soda - Arm & Hammer, I buy it at Kroger

I don't add any oils, but if I did I would buy them at the health food store - 14 Carrot or Earth Fare
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2010