Has anyone ever gone through a foot surgery of any kind?

karencrouch

Asked by karencrouch at 11:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Health

• Yes.. I have had over 30 of them.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• no, they were going to but it got canceled

Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• not myself but working in the OR I have been through the procedure a lot...why?
    Anonymous

• I have been having alott of heel pain and it started hurting a little but now it hurts to even walk on that foot.I have googled it and read something about having planters something,I forgot what else but sounds just like what I feel,I just couldn't imagine a foot surgery or even those cortisone shots.ugh!painful I'm sure.Plus I do not have ins.put will have to see a Doc sooner or later just out of pocket.
    karencrouch

Comment by karencrouch (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Plantar fasciitis is not a need for surgery - I have it and the best thing to do is tape your foot so that your ankle is at a right angle overnight - PF is due to the foot being too relaxed too much and tightening, and that muscle getting pullllllled the rest of the time. When you're at home relaxing, consciously pull your foot up, do calf stretches as they will also help stretch out that muscle, wear good tennis shoes instead of lesser shoes, and get insoles (they make special insoles just for PF). It can take a while to get rid of, but this is what my doc told me to do and it worked! If I feel it coming on again, all I have to do is wear my tennis shoes constantly for a couple of days and I'm good again!
    Anonymous

• No., good luck
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• No. I would not do well if I could not walk. I would get stir crazy. Good luck!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010