Shoes on the wrong feet?

I just noticed my grand daughter put her shoes on the wrong feet, lol.....I remember my own kids always putting their shoes on the wrong feet. I'm talking little kids here. I mean I can understand once in awhile...but its all the time. Why do little kids do this. ?

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• great question but many do it

Answer by admckenzie at 11:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• They just grab whatever shoe and don't look which way it's going, and don't notice that it feels "weird" when it's on. The way I taught my son was the toes had to be pointing towards each other when you set them up as a pair - then put them on.
    Anonymous

• my 4 yr old is pretty good about it, I don't remember the last time he put them on wrong
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 11:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You would think that they would realize that it wouldn't realize that it doesn't feel right on the wrong feet. But it's pretty common at this age.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My DS (5) has gotten better at looking to see which way the shape of the "jelly bean" is, but sometimes he still gets it wrong. Some of the shoes are not easy to tell on first glance, either. Heck, I've even caught myself doing it (on his boots). My DD (3) is a bit more observant, but she has done it at times as well.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 11:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My son is really good about putting shoes on the correct feet.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Both of my kids (age 5 and 2 1/2) are really good at putting their shoes on the right feet. I think most kids just get caught up in the moment of getting to go out and just dont pay attention
    mylady13135

Answer by mylady13135 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Who knows. Felipe does this all the time. I tell him, "I think those are on the wrong feet," and he says "I know. I'm switchin' it up."

Or he will put his sandals on the wrong feet and tell me he likes it better that way b/c his big toe sticks out.

Hey, whatever floats his boat - they're his feet! :o) lol
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my 4 year old used to do it, i guess because they look the same it is not until you have them on that you can feel a difference.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 7:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010