Would you marry outside of your religion or beliefs?

Say if your a christian and your DH is Jewish, or your atheist and your DH is Christian.....would it matter to you ? I just wonder how many step outside of their own personal beliefs or religion

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• If I had it to do all over again, NO WAY! The issues are huge and daily living is hard.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think if having a different religion from someone you love prevents you from marrying them, the issue is with the closed-mindedness of your religion.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It wouldn't matter to me, in fact hubby and I are two totally different flavors of Christian.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I did and it ended in a nasty divorce. I truly believe if we had had some similar faith belief we could have worked it out before it got critical.

I remarried and when I was dating I only dated people of a similar faith belief. Our shared spirituality is integral to our intimacy, life, family, and happiness.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We're two totally different people religion-wise. He's Catholic, I have no religion. Nothing as far as religion has ever come between us. He wants to get our kids baptized, I said go for it. I respect his beliefs, he respects that I don't believe. So, religion is the least of our issues as far as being a couple.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• depends on how devout his faith (any type of extreme faith is out!), if the guy was able to accept our differences (i know i could), and if he could respect that my faith is mine (i know i could his). otherwise it just wouldnt work.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would not marry someone who was not a Christian. The Bible says do not be "unequally yoked" so if you believe in the Bible, then you should not.

Answer by missanc at 9:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yep, I did. My husband is an atheist and I am a Christian. It has never bothered either of us. My religious views have changed and still no change in our relationship.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• as long as ur significant other is tolerant of ur religion and u his
    devtdbosombuddy

Answer by devtdbosombuddy at 11:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I did...I mean we're both christian but he's catholic and I'm AME and there are a lot of differences. Both my grandfathers are (were) ministers and it's crazy to me some of the things DH tells me but it makes no difference. I could care less and I actually like listening to him talk about it. Not sure if he feels the same lol
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2010