• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone else worry all the time about the baby while your pregnant?

Im about 10 weeks and i constantly worry that something might be wrong and it makes me sick to my stomach. Will I know of birth defects before my baby is born? or the day its born...gosh i have so many questions i hope i dont sound stupid LOL :) thanks guys!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did.. But my husband always told me everything will be fine and things will work out no matter what. I just had my third baby and I was worried something might be wrong. ( first two pregnancy were ruff and my boys were in nicu) BUt I relaxed and everything turned out wonderful. COngrats and GL on your pregnancy :)
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i do constantly, its that good ol' motherly instinct and it NEVER goes aways, even after they are born! lol just try not to make yourself sick, nature takes care of all the details and things work out just as they are supposed to. good luck, im sure you will be fine! :)
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I felt that way with my first pregnancy and he turned out great. I mean I still worry about him now. What happens if he chokes or fall down stairs, or if someone takes him...etc. The list can go on and he's two now. I'm pregnant with my second one and I worry every single day. I have a blood clot this time and a 50/50 chance of miscarrying, though. It's normal but you'll be fine :-)
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I worried 24 hours a day and for NOTHING, my son is a good boy, smart and everything a mother wanted. don't worry for nothing, I don't know if your religious or not but the bible talks about worry, worry is like, you worry once it could be for nothing but if it is something you have worried twice for no reason at all.... I know I make no sense... so worry when its time.. don't worry when you have no clue. Be grateful for what you have at the moment. :0)

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You don't sound stupid =P Every mom worries about their unborn child. Have you had an ultrasound yet? Those are pretty good for checking out defects and abnormalities. I'm on my 3rd pregnancy and I still worry (after having 2 full term pregnancies with no problems). Don't stress yourself out! Get a home doppler so you can hear the heart beat to give yourself some peace of mind.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Im a firm believer in "think positive thoughts and it will come to you". Anyways, your body will let you know if something is going wrong with your baby, naturally your womb is the safest place on earth to grow. When you get your bad thoughts try to catch yourself and think about the good, about the times when you come home and your child is so excited to see you that they jump in your arms and hug you, think about the first time your baby says mama, or i love you or makes their first step. Try thinking more good than bad or youll just be miserable your whole pregnancy
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I worried all the time. I'm a worrier. But after 9 months my baby came out with all 10 fingers and 10 toes and completely healthy. I wish you the best of luck. And take it easy on yourself. Just by taking daily prenatal pills and eating healthy will reduces the chances of impared child GREATLY.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 12:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I'm also a worrier, and I worried all the time, both times I was pregnant.
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 12:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• yes i did
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 10:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2010