Do you process your own meat?

If you have a farm or hunt, do you butcher yourself or have someone do it for you?

redtree5

Asked by redtree5 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Venison we do ourselves, but the trimmings go to the locker to be made into deer sticks. Beef & pork we bring to the locker, and chicken we buy already done (for now).
    Anonymous

• DH learned how to slaughter and dress chickens. He hasn't yet decided if it something he wants to do when he wants a chicken dinner. I just want to raise egg layers (but dd is terrified of birds.) I'm a veggie, so I wouldn't eat it anyway.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We don't have a farm, but if it came down to slaughtering animals.................I would be a complete vegetarian. I don't eat red meat, due to the fact that it's so fattening AND the horrible conditions they endure just to arrive on someone's dinner plate. I think in the near future, I"ll be a total veggie! My daughter won't touch meat, even though I try to give her chicken and turkey. I will never force her to eat something that she doesn't want to if its for taste, texture or principle.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Nope
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I do vension if someone else shoots it but I am looking for someone to teach me how to hunt so I am not reliant on others anymore. I cut it up into steaks, chops, roasts, and stew meat, and some stew meat is good in like sailbury hamburger helper and stuff like that too.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 9:21 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't but my fam butchers hogs
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 11:21 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• no, don't think I could!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2010