Sex after babies born... nonexsistant.

My baby is now 9 months old. After he was born my husband wasnt as sexual as before. He says its because he is scared of getting me pregnant again... (he was mortified in the delivery room). But I cant help but think its because my body isnt as attractive as it used to be. Ya know the stretchmarks, baby fat, dark circles under the eyes. Do you think hes just not into me anymore, or its what he says it is?

aburleson06

Asked by aburleson06 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• maybe he is aware of what pregnancy really could do to you. he got you pregnant and he may have enjoyed your pregnancy but first time parents really dont "get it". i knew i was having a baby and i thought i knew what that meant but reality was a little different. when you were in labor maybe he had the realization of sex=baby=your pain. my husband told me once his own pain he could deal with it was mine he couldnt because he couldnt do anything and ultimately it was him who put me in that position. i had two risky pregnancies and he had himself sterilized for fear of killing me. im sure its not your appearance i gained a lot of weight i never lost and he still loves me all the same but fear of causing you pain may outweigh his libido. if hes that worried talk about birth control options you are both comfortable using. dont trust one method alone-use a back up method.
    rain1024

Answer by rain1024 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• who knows but know this he will eventually get over it and have sex with you.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2008