would u be upset w/dh over this?

So lately we have been having financial problems, he claims they are cutting his hours, we used to work together & sometimes they ask pple if they want to leave early so idk if its a lie,his dd bday just past& she recieved $80 from my mother n sister, well today we go to walmart& she asked us what we wanted for xmas, she is buying it w/her bday money , of course i said nothing, that's money we cant afford to give her so i wont be taking away what i cant give, so i walk away to buy things we need, then i overheard him ask her for something, i wasnt sure what, then about 20 mins later i see her walking from the electronics dept, he asked her to buy him a $60 game, i was so upset i told him he was selfish, he asked why & i told him i didnt have to say anything he knows why.I just feel as if he doesnt try hard enough for his fam , yet his daughter has a lil money & he wants her to buy him things, then i see him tell her that im mad because she bought him a game, so i told her i was mad at him not her, am i wrong for being upset or am i overeacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• No i would have been pissed. Sounds like he needs to grow up.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• That money was given to her so she can get HERSELF something for her birthday not get people things for christmas. That was rude of your husband and he should not have told your DD that you were mad about her getting the game.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i would be mad too thats her money to buy herself something! but it is sweet of her to want to buy u guys something!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• wow he sounds like her 12 yr old brther...not her father
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 12:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We aren't talking right now, he took a shower n went to bed, this is too early for him.Im too mad at him, i know his dd is doing it out of her heart.I knew eventually she was going to buy us something but i would have never asked her for anything especially when we cant afford to give her much, she kept insisting on what we wanted, i would of said something like " i want you to keep doing your choirs, but if u want to buy something get us socks" just in case she bought us something it would of cost $6 not $60.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Umm yah I'd be furious. smh
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I'd definitely be upset. A $60 video game, really, when all the girl had was $80.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:19 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• she just showed me a set of braceletts she got me, i feel terrible,she said she felt she needed to buy us something because we got her xmas presents, i told her we bought them xmas presents because they are our kids, parents are suppose to buy them gifts.Its our job n she just smiled.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well, too bad you can't take it back. You could have told your dd that it did'nt work and spent it on her. However, they wont take games back. If you could fix his plate at supper, maybe you could put a lil EXTRA salt on his food. Or startch his underwear or something. I would find a way to vent a lil. It may sound childish but I would get him back somehow without dd knowing !
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 1:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• megamamaw, I like your thinking!!! It sounds like dd has a good heart and that dh has none at all. How old is dd? Oh and you sould be able to take the game back if its unopened right? I would retaliate and not buy dh anything!!!! Wrap up coal and put it in his stocking. Put a little extra fiber in his dinner like ex-lax or something. He sounds like someone who was spoiled as a child and has had everything handed to him. I know a few ppl like that and I can't stand to be around them.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:21 AM on Dec. 17, 2010