Going to see the doc tomorrow morning for my back pain... sooo

Has anyone else been to a doc for back pain?
What will she do...I know that sounds dumb, but I've been to the doctors a bunch of times, but not ever for anything like this, usually just to test for strep, pregnancy, check ups, gyno appt, etc. How does he diagnose a back problem or check for one? LOL I don't know what to expect. Will I get an x-ray? I'm laughing just thinking about it cause I've never been to see a doctor outside of routine or something easily testable.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 12:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Health

• When I go, its easy to see what is up, but you may not have it as bad as i do. They may do x rays or an mri, depending on how severe the pain is. The doc might just prescribe muscle relaxers and painkillers, possibly physical therapy or chiropractic.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 12:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would think depending on the severity of the problem def Xrays, poss and MRI, rest and im sure they will load ya up on pain pills and muscle relaxers....lol

Thats why i hate having to go to a reg Dr for my back. Freaking prescription factories.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• oooooo if she sends me to a physical therapist or a chiropractor I will be so happy, my insurance will only cover that stuff If I have been referred. Maybe she can send me to a frkkn masseuse. LOL

I hope all is good though, hopefully no MRI's that freaks me out.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I was just at the doctors yesterday for back pain. It is so bad, he put 5 injections of steroids into the muscles. Trying to stop the spasms and bring down the swelling. He also did x-rays. Pain killers and anti-inflamatory. Did you do something to hurt your back? I have a pretty good case of scoliosis, my spine looks like the letter "S", and I have 2 slipped discs.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 5:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Have you tried exercising?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My doctor talked to me, felt my muscles, then referred me to a physical therapist.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes, I do a lot of walking but my back, ever since I gave birth, has not been the same. If I sit even for 5 minutes I get shooting pains, and I have class, college, so I have to sit min. 1hour and a half for most of my classes. Then if I sit for too long my back gives out, out of no where. I can be trying to bend down to play with my son and out of no where I'll get spasms and then my back will go out. I really just hope it's an alignment issue. When I do exercise though I feel no pain, and when I stand I feel no pain.

It's been like this for 13mos now
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2010