What should I do?

I have a 3 year old daughter and a 3 week old son. Growing up, my group consisted of 4 girls.. that was the group throughout all the years.. we had other friends that we all hung out with but it was us four that always stuck around. until we graduated and I got pregnant with my daughter. one of the girls (P) didnt like the father and hardly spoke to me. but we still remained friends until one day one of the other girls (A) and her mom were going to babysit while i went to work. it was all worked out for them to babysit because they wanted to.. but the girl (A) got a job and had to go to training so her mom was still going to and they asked (P) if she could come help just so it wouldnt be her mom alone since its been a while since she has watched a tiny baby.. (P) said no that she didnt want to be stuck in a house all day.. but then went to her boyfriends and stayed at his house all day without him or anyone else there,, inside.. we hadnt spoke for quite some time... almost 3 years.. when she wanted to apologize and get our friendship back.. so we have been talking and hanging out on occassion.. like 5 times in the last 3 or 4 months. and 2 since i have had my little boy.. when she comes over she hardly speaks to my little girl and only pays attention to my son. when she sends me msgs she asks only about him... and she sends me fb comments saying give little man a big old kiss from me.. but nothing about my daughter.. it really bugs me.. i dont know what would cause her to act this way because when we did hang out before he was born she was sooooo amazed by my little girl and bragged on her to everyone... and would tell me about her bragging to her parents about her.. etc.. i just feel that if you are going to say give little man a big old kiss from me.. shouldnt you at least have the sense to say give the kiddos kisses from me.. not just one of them.. what should i do to let her know it is NOT ok to single out my children that though they are from different dad's etc that i love them both more than anything and that i wont tolerate them being treated differently.

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd just tell her I noticed her favoring one child over the other and you were concerned your dd might notice and be hurt. Many times people favor the baby though which is usually the reason for sibling rivalry

Answer by admckenzie at 5:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• it could be that she is baby obsessed. She probably doesn't mean anything by it, but if you think she does you should ask her before anything get further misunderstood
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2010