How can I get organize my wrapping paper so it doesn't overtake my closet

My paper and wrapping supplies are like a monster of their own! How do others tame this beast?

Vegmom1

Asked by Vegmom1 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• There are lots of different storage containers for wrapping paper.  Check some out!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• They have a special container you can buy. Its like a rubbermaid tote box but its tall to hold the wrapping paper.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have a long underbed storage bin that I keep it all in!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 12:36 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• agree with previous posts! We have an under bed rubbermaid storage container, it's rectangular and thin, and has wheels on the end of it. It's perfect for wrapping paper, bows, scissors, nametags, and tape. I know before I started doing this, I would always try to scramble to find where I put the leftover bows and nametags and who knows where the scissors are, lol.
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• And perhaps a separate storage container for the ribbons and bows, as mine always get lost under the paper in my storage container.
    Kilhara

Answer by Kilhara at 4:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I agree with all of the above.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 5:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I have mine standing in a clean trash bin, with the smaller pony tail holders on each roll to keep the paper neat.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• The organizer thingey sounds nice but they can be expensive. I like the clean trash bin idea. That's just as good and probably a lot cheaper. Pony tail holders? That's precious and brilliant!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I just bought a wrapping paper storage container at Target on sale for $6. They also had ornament storage boxes, but I found that box to be PERFECT for tape, scissors, bows, tags, ribbon, etc. I just didn't assemble the cardboard dividers that were included, and left them taped to the bottom for future use.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have the tall wrapping paper storage bin for regular wrapping paper, and an under-bed container for Christmas wrapping supplies. I also keep all of our gift bags in one large gift bag, and all of my ribbons in a small gift bag.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 2:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2010