Who would you feel worse for?

A man that works 7 days a week, 12 hours a day.

or

Or a SAHM that gets no help...even when her husband IS home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• The husband. My husband works a lot (not THAT much, though), and I feel bad for him. I work hard too, but I'm with our son, which is also fun. I get to spend the day with someone we love, he gets to spend it with a lot of people he doesn't care for.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well, I've been in that situation and I can tell you that no one wins. It's a long struggle, but unfortunately, as was my case, it had to be done that way. We needed the money my husband brought in in order to survive. I know it seemed impossible to survive back when we were going through it, but you do get through it. It's not a win/lose game though. It's a, "ya gotta do what ya gotta do" situation. I will tell you though, we started at ages 20 and 18 and never did we rely on anyone or anything to get us through... it was our good ole fashion work ethic that pulled us through!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• the man who works that much. Working that much means even if you have a family you can't even really be there like you may want to be. You are probably stressed out, because you have to work so much for some reason, and you are doing so selflessly because ultimately you are providing for your family. And on days off you probably have to choose between making sure you can remain sane, or making sure your family knows you're alive, but then you get blamed when you want alone time.

LOL --> My moms a work a holic, so I hear all of this on a daily basis so I know it is stressful when you feel like you have to work so much.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My Husband works long hours but still gets two days off, no matter what..and He still helps like crazy here at Home, even if I tell Him to take it easy.

As for my answer: I would feel bad for the husband because it can't be easy having all that responsibility on your shoulders, you know, working so much to keep your family taken care of and all.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• either way, i feel sorry for the kids

but i think im gonna go for the man on this one..because he's probably working so much so that he can be able to provide for his family..and if hes that dedicated to his job, chances are when he is home, he does stuff with the family too...and helps out where he can
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• The man, i guess cuz i work 12hrs a day n hate to come home to a messy home when dh& dd have been home, he works too but his schedules r 8hrs a day.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• oh for goodness sakes, women have been doing it all at home for centuries. Men have worked long hours every day for centuries as well. It's just part of life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2010