would you?

My DF and I currently have separate homes even though we are usually in the same one together. I live in town(renting) in a poor school district where my kids have problems with other kids at school (being teased, picked on), and have only a couple friends. They have good grades, but they aren't being challenged.

We will be living permanently at his house; he owns his home and 80 acres, including a 4 1/2 acre flooded quarry stocked with fish. We are considering moving right after Christmas and starting the new semester at the new school. The kids already know some of the kids there, since they spent the summer in the other house in the country. Its a better school system that will challenge them and doesn't have the stigma of the school they are currently in.

Do you think it would be a good idea to start the new semester in another district, or wait until the end of the school year? I'm tired of us paying rent in one house and utilities in both. Right now, we spend every weekend at his house.

sweet29mom

Asked by sweet29mom at 12:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• If I were you I would move them to the other district! I wouldn't pay rent and utilities for two places when you could be happy and comfortable in one place and aren't in the other. I also think the kids would benefit more from the move if it stopped the teasing and bullying.

jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't see the harm in switching them now. When I was little and moved I moved when there were only 1-2 months of school left it didn't bother me.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would change districts. It would be worth it for the better school as well as the money you will save by only having one home. I have changed schools many many times and the new semester changes were always easiest.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Why delay things?

Save money, get adjusted at the new school.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:02 AM on Dec. 17, 2010