Controlling?

my husband smoked and drank at least one to two beers about 6 nights out of the week during my pregnancy and now its where i can have a few occasionally .. i smoked for a year b4 i got pregnant so not long...but when i drink i want to smoke one.... but no other time... he tells me that i am not allowed to smoke.. i told him i dont want to start back i just want to smoke one when i drink.. he refused to let me have one and told me he was putting his foot down... excuse me????????? when did you become my boss???? one every once in a while ??? i seriously dont even like the taste of them now unless i have a buzz... so what would it hurt?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I have a friend who does that -- she never smokes unless she is drinking alcohol. Its never made her want to smoke all the time.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 12:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If he is just trying to show you he cares about your health, he has a really bad way of showing it. Seems very controlling to me.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• he should try a different approach. he needs to remember u are an adult not his kid.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 2:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• maybe you could consider giving up both smoking and drinking then he might stop and look at all the money you'd save plus you'd be healthier
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2010