BREAST MILK IS LITE LITE BLUE adult content

Ok so I have Phenmonia and I am on antibiotics and robatussin both of which my obgyn said is perfectly safe for the baby.... But I pumped tonight and I'm kinda freakin myself out here...... My milk has a very faint tint of light blue!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breast milk will change color depending on what is in your diet.

Have you ever seen non-Homogenized milk, it's tinted green because of the cows diet.

I have pumped and had really clear looking milk, like a milky water, greenish tint, bluish tint, yellow tint and pure white. If your doctor is okay with you taking these meds and breastfeeding, your LO should be fine.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Fore milk is often watery and bluish. Hind milk is often thick and creamy and yellowish.

Don't worry. Pump a little more often and it will probably go back to looking white when the fore milk and hind milk are in balance.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• its normal
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 12:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• That's a normal variation... even without the meds.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't know anything about those specific meds but light blue breastmilk strikes me as completely normal. Seems it has less fat in it at the moment, perhaps b/c of your meds.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010