Do you think this ok for me to do?

I live in a neighborhood that has a ton of houses(it used to be farmland and there's still acres and acres around and lots of cows). and about 50% of people have decorated the outsides of their houses for Christmas. Well one particular house keeps catching my eye everyday as I drive down the street. I don't know what exactly it is about that house but I find it breath takingly gorgeous. Anyways, I don't know the people personally but I want to tell them how pretty their house is. Do you think that's crazy? If it were my house I would feel honored if someone told me is was pretty. Should I do it?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 12:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• I think it will make you both feel good, I say go for it too. What a nice person to even what to do that!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 4:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If I were you I would tell them. the world has so much negativity in it today it would be nice to recieve a complement like that. I'm sure they would appreciate you telling them how much you admire the way they decorated their house. I know it's hard when you don't know them but maybe you will find a new friend.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 1:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would tell them because I know my dad used to decorate to make other ppl happy. He's always done more and more every year.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 1:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• go for it!
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 12:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You may find them to be a bit suspicious at first thinking you are trying to sell them something or casing the house. But I think as they listen to you and your sincerity, they will be happy to hear it.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 1:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Definitely leave a note and maybe a small bag of cookies or something. I would be touched if someone did that for me.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would tell them, i'm sure they would appreciate it: :)
    Platinum_Mommy

Answer by Platinum_Mommy at 12:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Why not? It would probly make their day!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yeah I know. I may just leave a note on the door or something with my address so they know I'm their neighbor. People around here though are the type that let each other's neighbor's kids play in their driveways and yards even when they don't necessarily know them. We run over a baseball a week on average in the summer when we mow the yard lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2010