Stress equals less.

My boyfriend got a supervisor position roughly 7 months ago. Since then, he has been stressed, withdrawn, and doesn't show as much affection towards me. He hates his job and bad things keep happening to him at work. He keeps getting in trouble by the store manager who dislikes him even though it's not his fault. He got the promotion shortly after he found out from the military, his ideal job, that he could not re-enlist because they found him not fit for duty due to prior medical conditions, and since then, he has been down and questioning the purpose of his life. I understand why he is not being affectionate, and don't blame him. Sometimes it would be nice though if he would hold my hand a little more or kiss a little more often so I didn't feel like he was no longer attracted to me, even though I know I'm not the reason for his behavior. Am I dumb for feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• No, you're not. He's depressed so he's unable to show his love, just be there for him and he'll work it out with time. As long as he knows he has you, and he does, he'll be fine. Remember, this too shall pass. Good luck and be patient with him :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2010