i cannot control my anger and its getting physical...my husband is done with me....i feel like a failure..what to do/

shorti4twenty

Asked by shorti4twenty at 12:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• When I was younger I had this problem. What ultimately helped me was counseling, yoga and running.

So maybe you can start with some couples counseling
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You know, I'd get my hormone levels checked if I were you. There's the obvious anger management, meditation, exercise and LEARNING how to argue effectively. You're not a failure but it will be on YOU and therefore your responsibility to work through this. If you can conquer it, great. If not, do more work but it'll take work and effort from you. Also and it sounds crazy, try to pray for a more still mind. Good luck but you're not a failure, you're human.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I agree with anon and I think you should talk to an anger management counselor and a therapist about it and see where your anger is coming from. also try taking a boxing class, it really helped me get my anger out in a physical way. You are in no way a failure. You can get through this. You are already on your way there by admitting you have a problem, Good luck!!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You could have a disorder that causes uncontrollable rages. We have a group on CM for that. Many of us have it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I've used distraction before. When I get really upset I have a plan to do something. Like get a drink of water or sit in a quiet place and clear my mind. Once its clear I think of a fun relaxing place I'd like to be. I picture it in my mind. I've found the more I control my temper the more I feel I can control it when it comes up again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• WALK AWAY!!!! thats what I do when I feel the rage building up inside of me. My SO is the ONLY one that can push me to that point and I have to simply walk away. He now knows that if I turn around and walk away, DO NOT FOLLOW ME! I have to breath for several minutes, sometimes I scream into a pillow, other times I get my book and get into a HOTT bath and light my favorite candle (lavender). You have to find something that can help you relax when you feel it bubbling inside of you. Im not using this as an excuse for my anger but I am Bi-polar and Im on meds for it and it has helped A LOT! try getting some help from a professional and see if its a disorder that can be helped (not cured) with an antidepressant or antipsychotic.
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 9:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2010