Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

How do you qualify for a grant if I have no G.E.D?

Answer Question

Asked by mfoster1113 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in

Level 2 (12 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • You can qualify for financial aide, but I don't know of any grants for ppl who don't have a diploma

    Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • You should get your GED first and then start looking for a grant, no college will accept you without a diploma in the first place, however a lot of smaller colleges offer to help you get your GED, theyll tell you where to go to get one in your area.

    Answer by leksismommy at 1:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • I don't know of a college or community college that will accept you without a high school diploma (GED,HSED). As a matter of fact, you need high school transcripts when applying to college. Talk to a local community or technical college to help you get your GED and then worry about college.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • community collegue,its the best idea

    Answer by mwood108 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • Do you not have a GED or official diploma because you were homeschooled?

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • NO, but technical colleges do

    Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:47 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.