what should i take for a sinus headache while pregnant?

i took my migraine meds and its doing nothing but i realized it was a sinus headache when i put pressure on my sinuses and the pain went away.....while i hold the pressure, i cant sleep though and i really need to. i have prescription zyrtec from before i got pregnant and i have benedryl. i dont know if the zyrtec is safe. is there osmething else i should get?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 1:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ask your doc first
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 10:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think Tylenol Sinus is safe to take. I always just toughed it out when preggo :-( except once I got a yeast infection so bad that I got a high fever...then I took a one-time pill for it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Neti pot?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i dont have one,
    cassie_m

Comment by cassie_m (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Zyrtec is for allergies and isn't really going to help with a sinus headache unless it is the result of allergies. If you don't have a Neti pot, you can get saline nasal spray. Heat helps also. I have always had terrible sinus headaches and I took Tylenol Sinus when I was pregnant. But try the saline spray or get a Neti pot.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• called doc and he said to try a benedryl and sure enough it worked. headache was gone in 20 minutes and i actually slept lastnight.
    cassie_m

Comment by cassie_m (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010