creative couples gifts for Christmas?

We're thinking of going home this Christmas. (1st one moved away.) It's a 14 hr drive through mountians, so we'll have to stop for hotel stays. $ is tight, especially with our first baby on the way! So I'm thinking of just doing couple gifts.
I know about the "movie night" bucket, and maybe a restaurant gift card, or hot chocolate with mugs, but what else would be a cute inexpensive idea?

mrseum

Asked by mrseum at 11:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• For out first Christmas together.. my best friend and neighbor gave us a bottle of wine, wrapped in a new Christmas Dish Towel tied with ribbon. It was so cute and what a great gift it made!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I would do the CoCoa thing
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• IM DOING THAT THIS YR(COUPLE BASKETS) I MADE HOMEMADE SALSA THIS YR SO IM GIVING A BASKET FILLED WITH MY SALSA A BAG OF TORTILLA CHIPS AND A CHIP-N-DIP TRAY THAT I GOT FOR A DOLLAR AT THE DOLLAR STORE. ALSO ANOTHER THING THAT IM DOING IS A TACO BASKET MY SALSA TACO SEASONING PACKETS TACO SHELLS REFRIED BEANS AND I FOUND A TORTILLA WARMER ON SALE AT THE DOLLAR STORE FOR 70 CENTS. ALSO U CAN DO A BREAKFAST BASKET PANCAKE MIX SYRUPS A BOWL TO MIX IT AND A PANCAKE TURNER ALL YA HAVE TO DO IS THINK OF SOMETHING THAT COUPLE MIGHT LIKE AND BUT IT INTO A GIFT BASKET U CAN COLOR PERSONALIZE IT TO THEIR TASTE AND GOING TO THE DOLLAR STORES TO BUY LITTLE ITEMS WONT TOTALLY BREAK THE BANK. HAVE FUN
    lala91172

Answer by lala91172 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2008