When you think a friendship is over do you clean it out of your life or just ignore it?

It has happened a couple of times in my life. My mother told me once just to let things go even when I feel the need to acknowledge the friendship is over, because she said that you never know if one day the friendship might pick up again. I was glad I listened because it actually happened and the friend came back and wanted to rekindle.
BUT - Someone recently did something that is bothering me and I doubt I will see them again for years. It is taking everything I've got not to delete them from my FB etc.....What do/have/would you do?

christinab313

Asked by christinab313 at 1:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• it totally depends on the offense and how long u were friends, /how close u were to this "friend"
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 2:32 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I just let them fade away. If they come back then so be it. If not, I won't try to drag them back

Answer by admckenzie at 5:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I agree with your mom.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I agree with mom as well, just recently happened to me. I just let it go but I did delete from face book and cell phone. She might return who knows.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010