Should I remove my IUD?

We are still up in the air about a second child. However, everyone wants us to have another and I sometimes feel that my daughter needs a sibling. I know my sister is my best friend. Money is an issue that I'm concerned with, but only because kids cost so much (college and whatnot). We bought all the large items in neutral colors in the case that we had a second child, so we won't have to buy any big items...car seats, high chair, crib, changing table, pack n play, bassinetm, jumperoo...these can all be reused. The only infantile/toddler expenses would be new clothes, diapers and toiletries. What do you all think? A girl, a boy.........honestly it wouldn't matter to me...a healthy baby would make me happy. Also with my daughter, I had a emergency c-section. So, by medical advice I would need another. However, I would consider going all natural since the epidural (that failed and I felt EVERYTHING) may have been responsible for the halt in progression. At the same time, my daughter's head was 2 inches longer at birth than at her 1 month appt., which tells me that YES I was pushing and that maybe she really couldn't fit. I am only 4'11" and have very narrow hips. The doctors said that I have a prominent sacrum. Mind you, they let me suffer for several hours and finally decided on a c-section after there was no progression and my sister basically cursed them out. She said that beyond the constant vomiting and the fever, that I looked gray. It was a very terrible experience. I guess I want advice on every angle here. Please be kind.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 1:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would wait until YOU are absolutely sure YOU want another baby. Don't give in to the pressure from relatives until you are prepared to have another child.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• The choice is entirely yours. Sounds kinda like you have doubts...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2010