Do you hold grudges or forgive and forget?

Like if your hubby did something you didnt like do you still use it against him in a fight or not. My hubby does all the time, he says he forgives me for something and then uses it against me.
Now when I forgive something I forget about it and dont mention it again.

Like, he'll never let me live down the day I threw a bag of peanuts at him (long time ago and not major) and every time we have a fight he tells me Im abusive and cant control my temper over that one incident.

So do you forgive and forget or say you forgive and come back to it

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 1:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I forgive band forget but don't forgive right away until I've fully healed ad have talked about it with the other paerson. I have to know they are sorry sincerely. I have forgiven all but 4 ppl in my life and its because they are hell-bent on being right and they aren't....they were abusive. And to those ppl they don't deserve my forgiveness.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes my husband always finds a way to throw what i did in the past to him in my face every time we fight but its ok now i have something to throw in his face i found out he was cheating on me while i was pregnant but they would just talk through emails they never saw each other in person it took me a while to forgive and forget about that but im finally over it .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• depends on what the person did, somethings are unforgivable in my book.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 2:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We dont fight but have never had anyone bring up things from the past
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 3:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Depends on the severity. My mother helped my ex get my kids away from me. I forgive but will never forget.
    mockitaz

Answer by mockitaz at 3:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Just laugh at him when he does that. He'll stop when he doesn't get the response he thinks he's going to get. He uses it to gain control in the argument he's probably losing anyway. He's a bully. Laugh at him and walk away when he does that. He'll stop it.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my so does the same thing to me, I threw a loaf of bread at him once and he says that I have a violent temper and that Im abusive! LMAO! But anyway, its hard to forgive and forget somethings. My SO throws EVERYTHING Ive ever done to him in my face every time we fight, some men are just petty like that b/c they have no valid reason to be starting the fight in the first place. jmo.
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 9:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2010