do you think kids who have sahm are smarter?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1325770/Children-better-school-mother-stays-home-year.html#ixzz148dIJXn3

I am not saying I agree with the article. I am just putting it up to show that I did not pull this out of my head lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it all depends on the parent and child as individuals. There are some lazy sahms and some lazy working moms. It just all depends.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Not really because if they are in a daycare that is a center then they are most likely getting taught lessons. Yes they can learn from us SAHM. I had workbooks and did those with my daughter but I feel she lacked socialization. She has a hard time making friends because of being home with me all the time. I know some SAHM can afford classes and play groups but we couldn't.In order for me to be a SAHM we had to budget.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 2:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It depends on how satisfied the SAHM is with her situation and also on how dedicated she is to her children's learning and education. I have seen many dissatisfied SAHMs who don't pay attention to their kids!
    silhouettes79

Answer by silhouettes79 at 2:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't know, really. I just know I'm a SAHM and my kids are very intelligent. It could be that they just got my brains. (thankfully not their bio dad's)
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 2:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• While I wish I were able to be a SAHM, I don't think my working has anything to do with my son's intelligence. Then again, I make an effort to spend my time at home with him teaching him and interracting with him. THAT, I believe, is what has the biggest impact on his intelligence.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 4:19 AM on Dec. 17, 2010