Q for stay-at-home moms

How much "Me" time do you get daily/ weekly? What do you do with your time?

silhouettes79

Asked by silhouettes79 at 2:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I spend it on CM of course! I multi-task buy running laundry and dishwasher while I'm on CM among other things.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I rarely get any me time. If I do, its only if i lock my fiance out of the bathroom while I take a bath.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 2:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I get free time, like away from the home, about 1-2 times a week. I go hang out with my friends.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:13 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• At night when my DD and DH are asleep I take a bath, get on cafe mom, watch some tv. Every few weeks my mom or in laws take my DD for the weekend (DH works saturdays) and I get a whole day to my self and Sundya too if its football season like right now. As a matter of fact FIL coming over to pick up DD saturday morning
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Durring the week, I only get it at night when everybody goes to bed. I am always doing laundry, dishes like last night I didn't get to bed till 11:30pm from trying to get things done without a clingy baby! On the weekends every saturday morning I leave for groc. shopping with my mom. Other than that. THAT'S IT! lol At first it was hard but know I don't mind it at all :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• About once a month, I have a friend that watches my youngest for me (the others are in school). I'll get my hair done, go shopping, etc. (I do the same for her) My DH is also really good about shooing me out of the house to go get a mani/pedi, have lunch or dinner with a friend, etc. on the weekends. On a daily basis I don't even get "me" time in the bathroom :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• On Monday Evenings my husband watches our son and I go to a yoga class. My little guy is only 4 months old so he still sleeps during the day so I get that time also. I usually hang out on line talking with friends on their.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 8:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I get "me" time during my babies nap times and when he goes to sleep for the night. He takes about 5 naps a day for about 30-45 min and rarely for over than hour. He goes to sleep around 7pm. So I get free time from 7pm until about 10pm when I go to sleep too. I check my email, go on facebook and on here, eat, do laundry, cook. When the baby is up I don't do anything for me, my attention is on him. I take him for strolls around my apartment complex, play with him and watch movies. I don't actually go out with friends much, maybe once every few weeks. When my husband comes home from work sometimes I might go to the store by myself or something. It sucks...but what are you gonna do?
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 9:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I get ME time everyday. DD goes to pre school and DS naps. Both kids arein bed by 8:30 everynight as well. I suually enjoy a show, have lunch, surf the web, or get some household tasks done.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Thanks for sharing! I have not been getting time to sleep,eat or use the bathroom even these past two weeks forget about "me" time! I was starting to get really frustrated until I decided that the best way to do this would be to take an hour off on weekends and go do things on my own! This Saturday will be my first "me" time opportunity! Wish me luck! :)
    silhouettes79

Comment by silhouettes79 (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2010