my daughter will not eat baby food any more..

She wants what I am eating. what should I do i have tried everything to get her to eat baby food. She has ate it good for about 4months and all of a sudden she will not eat it for ANYTHING

shes 9m

robinalbright

Asked by robinalbright at 12:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Feed her table food like you eat. just make sure it's something smashed or cut up very very small so she won't choke.
    samantha_dawn

Answer by samantha_dawn at 12:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• If she won't eat baby food then she's ready to move on. She may not get a lot in her mouth feeding herself at first and meal time may take twice as long but she's showing independence and growth. YOU GO LITTLE GIRL! : ) Feed her healthy foods cut in kid size portions and she'll do just fine and don't worry about her being hungry and that maybe she's not getting enough to eat...if she's hungry she'll be determined : ) She sounds like she knows what she wants so let her go for it. There are bonuses here for you to Mom : ) You get to watch her have fun as well as explore her food...which can be hilarious and it gives you a chance to do other things in the kitchen while she's feeding herself. It's the only time that I can actually get the kitchen cleaned : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• she has only one tooth that is barely showing so what are somethings I can feed her?

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My daughter is doing the exact same thing!!! My friend says its a sign that they are getting ready to eat people food, she told me to cook some veggies(like tiny pieces of carrots or peas) and put them on her tray. let her try to feed herself. You could also try teething biscuits or teething cookies. Good luck!!!
    clarasmommy08

Answer by clarasmommy08 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• You can feed her anything that is soft enough for her to eat with only one tooth. Some ideas are: Whatever veggie you are having that night for dinner, breads that she can kinda chew on/gum until it is soft enough for her to eat (also helps with the teething process!) Pasta in any form is a great one (and very messy!)

If it is during the day and you are having something like fruit, you can mash some of that up as well.

The possibilities are endless!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Just give her your food. There is no reason not to. My son was off of babyfood by the time he was 7 months old. And the number of teeth doesn't matter. Babies cut front teeth first and you don't chew with those. Their gums are hard though and they can handle most foods.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My 6 month old daughter is doing the SAME THING!!!! I decided yesterday that it wasn't worth the fight to get the baby food in her mouth and I have been giving her yogurt and cheese and small pieces of toast, bread, danish, mashed potatoes anyway. It is working fine. Now I have a cabinet full of baby food though......
    nydawn

Answer by nydawn at 3:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My best friend pointed out to me that we don't use our front teeth to chew. We use our back teeth for chewing and our front teeth for taking a bite. Since the food you give her will be bite size already, don't worry about it.

Try regular oatmeal, even with flavors for breakfast. Try mashed potatoes. My daughter still loves refried beans. Try pudding, applesauce, cubed banana. Yogurt.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 4:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2008